Sunday, 27 October 2013

Rooftop Update

It's been a while since I've updated, but things have been slow.

I decided to model my scene with modular parts, that way I could build on a larger scale and still have detail and variation, but it's only really taken until now to really start to form.





The scene is coming together relatively quickly now, even though it's taken me so long to get there, but I think that's a result of the modular pipeline.

I also spent a good deal of time on the textures, I pretty much baked from high poly or sculpted the majority of what's in the scene, no matter how large or small. Whilst it is more time consuming, I felt it necessary because the textures will just have that much more fidelity, especially when scaled down to accommodate for the texture budget, and hey, it's a good learning experience. As was my choice to use UDK.

I do kind of regret choosing UDK over Cry in the end. It's taking a long time and it's quite frustrating to use, and I feel I need to spend a lot more time on my 2D this year, this just feels like it's holding me back so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment