Sunday, 3 March 2013

Group stuff

Week 4 of the group project.
Whitebox in cry is coming along. We're aiming to have our level fully explorable by thursday, but I want it done by tuesday for Heather to see, so I'm cracking on.
Whilst I'm enjoying fiddling around in Cryengine, I feel like I'm not contributing on the modelling side of things. I was supposed to make this modular church, but I don't think the modularity will work so much, because churches are pretty unique in their own right. So I want to approach this again, maybe making more unique models from my already built modular pieces.
I realise it's early days, and I really need to dig into cryengine and get used to using it efficiently, so it's not wasted time. Once we know exactly what and where everything is going there will be more need for unique assets to be made.
Also something I'm aware of that I've mentioned to the group is that some of the buildings created don't seem to work too well with one another, and this is something we need to get right straight away, obviously everyone has different art styles, we just need to communicate better, and more frequently to make sure everyone is on the same page.
Dan wrote a nice design doc and art specification which hopefully will instil the same ideas in everyone's mind.
There's some fancy things I want to do with the engine, which I'm thinking about now, but really can wait till the end... still, it's a good idea to keep them in mind, let's see if I can pull it off.



No comments:

Post a Comment